Serving Chicago, Palatine, Deerfield, Aurora, Orland Park & Throughout The Chicagoland Area
Commercial roofing maintenance is essential for ensuring the longevity and performance of your commercial building's roof. Proper maintenance can help prevent costly repairs and extend the lifespan of the roof. At C&R Commercial Roofing, we know how valuable preventative maintenance is to a business and want to help our clients by taking their worries off this important matter so that they can focus on your day-to-day business. We will inspect your commercial roof and ensure that it not only remains functional but that any problems receive the attention they need.
What Is A Roofing Maintenance Plan?
To get a return on commercial roof investment and to ensure that your roof will last as long as it can, it would be a good idea to invest in a roof maintenance plan that will cover not only periodic inspections of your roof but also the ability to make any necessary repairs on any minor or major issues.
We recommend that business & property managers try to make routine commercial roof inspections at least 2 times a year, typically in the fall and in the spring. This allows for any potential problems to be spotted and taken care of prior to periods of bad weather. Here are the key steps when it comes to a roofing maintenance inspection;
- Remove leaves, branches, and other debris from the roof's surface, gutters, and drainage systems. Clogged drains and gutters can lead to water pooling and damage.
- Trim overhanging branches to prevent them from falling onto the roof.
Address Standing Water:
- Ponding water, or standing water that doesn't drain within 48 hours, can lead to roof deterioration. Identify and correct areas where water accumulates.
- Ensure that roof drains and scuppers are clear and functioning properly.
- Depending on the roofing material, it may be necessary to clean the roof periodically to remove dirt, algae, moss, and debris.
- Use appropriate cleaning methods and avoid damaging the roofing material in the process.
Maintain Roof Penetrations & Flashing:
- Inspect and maintain roof penetrations such as vents, HVAC units, and pipes to ensure they are properly sealed and do not cause leaks.
- Check flashing and seals around penetrations for signs of wear or deterioration and replace as needed.
Should any issues be found during the inspection, it is important that repairs be made right away to avoid them becoming a bigger problem over time. Commercial roof repair is an essential aspect of property maintenance that should not be overlooked. Regular inspections and timely repairs can help protect your investment and prevent costly damage to the building and its contents. Contact C&R Commercial Roofing, Inc. today to schedule our free commercial maintenance estimate!