Serving Chicago, Palatine, Deerfield, Aurora, Orland Park & Throughout The Chicagoland Area
When you need a commercial roofing repair, then reach out to the professionals at C&R Commercial Roofing, Inc. to fix the problem. Much of this will depend on the type of roofing material and how it was installed. Maintenance is another factor, and if your commercial roof has been neglected over the years, it’s likely time for it to be fixed.
Most Common Reasons Commercial Roofs Need to be Repaired
- Lack of Proper Maintenance – Keeping up a regular maintenance schedule for your roof as well as scheduling annual roofing inspections will help to keep your roof repairs less frequent.
- Extreme Weather – Severe weather events are happening more often and hail, high winds, heavy snow & ice can all cause punctures within your commercial roofing system.
- Old Roofs – If your commercial roof is within the warranty period, it may be covered.
- Standing Water – Standing water on your roof can cause roofing problems if not treated. It can cause structural damage and will shorten the life of your commercial roof.
- Improperly Installed – Drafts and leaks are common symptoms of a poorly installed roof if your roof is fairly new and you are having these issues.
Commercial roof repair is a crucial maintenance task for businesses and property owners with commercial properties. A well-maintained roof is essential to protect the building and its contents from the elements, and it can also help extend the life of the roof, saving you money in the long run.
Our Roofing Repair Process – Commercial Roof Repair Since 1988
Commercial roof repair is an essential aspect of property maintenance that should not be overlooked. Regular inspections and timely repairs can help protect your investment and prevent costly damage to the building and its contents. Here are the next steps to fix your commercial roof;
- Begin with a thorough inspection of the roof to identify the extent of the damage or any potential issues.
- Look for signs of damage, such as leaks, cracks, blisters, punctures, or areas with missing or damaged roofing material.
- Inspect the flashing, drainage systems, vents, and any rooftop equipment for damage or wear.
Determine the Type of Roof:
- Commercial roofs come in various materials, including built-up roofing (BUR), single-ply membrane (TPO, PVC, EPDM), metal, and modified bitumen. Knowing the type of roof will help in selecting the appropriate repair materials.
Roof Repair Methods:
- Roof repairs can vary widely based on the type of roof and the specific issues identified during the inspection.
- Common repairs include patching leaks, sealing cracks, resealing seams, replacing damaged roofing material, and repairing or replacing flashing.
- Roof coatings or membranes may be applied to extend the life of the roof or provide additional protection.
If the roof is severely damaged, old, or constantly requiring extensive repairs, it may be more cost-effective in the long run to consider roof replacement instead of continual repairs. Contact C&R Commercial Roofing, Inc. today and schedule your free commercial roof repair inspection.